Programme and Project Management Graduate Scheme
Role Title: Junior Consultant
Aspire Europe is a niche consultancy providing a range of services to large organisations that help improve their change, programme and project management delivery. We have offices in Portishead, Bristol (Aspire Europe) and Sydney (Aspire Asia Pacific) along with strategic partners in major markets, for example, KPMG in New Zealand.
Our current clients include: Department for Transport, Department of Energy and Climate Change, Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Antalis McNaughton PLC, Transport for London, Northamptonshire County Council, Gatwick Airport, Danish Military, Devon and Somerset Fire Service, Met Office, Queensland Government, Australian Government in Canberra and the China Rail and Bridge Company.
More details about our services can be found on our website www.aspireeurope.com
Programme and project management will be at the core of the UK coming out of recession as the government invests in infrastructure, you only have to look at our client list to see how well positioned we are to take advantage of this. We have been steadily growing and now have a turnover of around £1m. Our services are unique and are of exceptionally high standards so our strategy is now to develop our own talent in house that can achieve these high standards.
Our first graduate was recruited in July and is already providing direct support and innovation to our front line consultant teams. We wish to build on this success with a further graduate to develop and enhance.
The role will involve you rapidly learning a broad range of knowledge about our services, the industry and developing your own knowledge through dealing with clients. The role is based at our headquarters in Portishead, but the successful candidate may be occasionally required to travel on Aspire business throughout the region and across the UK as the need arises.
One of our core services is qualification training courses. We will expect you to self-study for specific qualifications to compliment the knowledge you will gain with us. Your salary will increase with the achievement of these qualifications, the faster you gain them, the faster your salary will increase.
Your workload will be varied and challenging and you will be expected to contribute to all aspects of our operations – this will include supporting the training delivery, helping prepare reports, market analysis, marketing and promotion activities around the website and Google and helping to develop our programme and project toolkits, to name but a few.
- Happy disposition with a well organised approach to prioritising workloads
- Approachable and flexible nature, amenable and open minded to new/improved ways of working
- Dependable team player, reliable and trustworthy nature is essential
- Determined in your approach to problem solving and seeking resolution
- Motivated self-starter capable of proactively seeking information and shifting priorities accordingly
- Capable of working unsupervised and on your own
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- IT literate – particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of other document management systems and processes is desirable
- Driving licence would be advantageous
To apply, please send your CV with a letter of application explaining what you could bring to Aspire (max. 2 A4 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31 October 2012