Strange but true
- In 2011 the UK National Audit Office (NAO) reported that a lack of programme and project management skills was one of the major concerns for senior managers. In 2017 there is an estimate that the UK public sector is 4,000 short of the number needed to deliver Brexit.
- Our skills and capability assessments have also highlighted some other alarming statistics, one of which is that 23% of people involved in transformation programmes and projects have no formal qualifications.
- Over 250,000 people worldwide are qualified in PRINCE2® and over 50,000 in Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®), but when we undertake maturity assessments and assurance reviews, we find organisations do not actually use the fundamental concepts or processes. So basically people are gaining qualifications on subject areas they do not use.
If you are interested in finding out more about why organisations fail to extract better value from the training market, why not read our article – delivering better value from training
In the meantime, here are the things that the Aspire Academy award winning team can help you with.
If you want targeted development to improve organisational and individual performance in both the processes and leadership of change, we can help with the following:
- Competency Framework – that can be adapted for your organisation to help target your training and is aligned to the APM Body of Knowledge.
- Competency and Capability Assessment – the process and survey that can profile the current organisation to target your training more effectively.
- Short Courses – a range of ‘off the shelf’, customisable topic and role related courses specifically targeted at improving performance. A number have associated vocational qualifications from C4CM.
- eLearning Courses – we have all the main APM Group qualification courses and a range of topic specific courses that focus on application of the concepts, e.g. planning. The courses are modularised into over 250 “Knowledge Nuggets” which are short sharp sessions covering a specific topic or technique.
- Accredited Qualifications – we can offer the full range of APM, APM Group, AXELOS Limited and C4CM qualifications in face-to-face events. Result statistics from the APMG exam institute show our average pass rate across all our products and qualification levels is a 97% success rate over the past year!
- Align Framework – A portfolio, programme and project framework which provides a self-help knowledge base and just-in-time guidance for teams. For more information on the Align Framework, click here.
- Community of Practice – will enable personal development and networking and organisational learning and improvement.