Fresh Look – Is a series of articles taking a look at common topics to try to come up with some new ideas and insight into problems that seem to repeat themselves across many organisations.
No organisation can successfully deliver programmes and projects without an effective framework and common lifecycle around which controls can be based.
Our maturity and capability assessment of over 120 organisations enabled us to review a wide range of processes, guidance and tools that are used across a range of sectors.
- Incomplete frameworks with inadequate lifecycles
- Frameworks that replicate manuals and basic theory but add no value
- Roles and responsibilities that are generic, confusing or conflicting
- Themes, such as risk, that are not connected to the lifecycle or sit in isolation
- Generic role definitions with no application of the responsibilities
- Templates that bear no resemblance to the lifecycle or processes
- Little connection between programme and project management systems
- Portfolio Management frameworks that fail to address balancing priorities
To overcome this, we developed our own Align Framework® and offer it as a fully supported package. If you would like to find out more about the Align Framework, click here