In this video, Rod Sowden the Aspire Europe Managing Director talks about Programme Lifecycles.
Hope you enjoy!
Visit and Subscribe to our YouTube Channel here
In general, lessons learned are rarely learned. Research and general knowledge about what causes programme and project failure has abounded for years, yet the same things keep happening, so what can we do to help.
As an example of this problem, for the last 20 years in the UK, the world of best practice (originated by the OGC) illustrates the issue. We wrote Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®), and it was written on the assumption that audiences already had experience of programme management, understood programme management and wanted to improve. The reality is that people read the book as part of a course and never look at it again.
The work of P3M3® has shown that although the knowledge has been absorbed temporarily for the examination, it is not sufficiently understood to enable deployment in the real world as the courses are attended by inexperienced individuals unable or unauthorised to deploy the knowledge they have in the real world. For more on this, click here
MSP® and P3M3® are [registered] trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This free briefing (pdf) outlines the key concepts of programme management and the principal roles and themes that make programmes distinctive from portfolios and projects.
Right click and save as, this link to download the interactive briefing, please view it in either Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
If you like this interactive briefing, you may also be interested in our YouTube channel, which can be found here
MSP® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Location – Blackfriars, London
Price – Formerly £1,500 now £1,200 per person, an amazing saving of £300!!
When – 6th-10th February 2017
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) is the de facto standard developed by the UK government for delivering change programmes in the UK and is a globally recognised qualification.
- 2 examination qualifications
- Application of MSP® common vocabulary
- Increased confidence in real world application
- Thorough knowledge of the MSP® methodology at theory and application level
What is included in the course?
- A 5 day course delivered by a qualified and experienced trainer
- Pre-course information and reading, including the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP 2011) Manual
- MSP Foundation and Practitioner examinations
- 1 year free access to any of our following (APMG accredited) Foundation and Practitioner eLearning courses; PRINCE2®, MoP®, M_o_R®, P3O®, Change Management and Managing Benefits (License valid for 12 months upon completion of the MSP course)
- Refreshments including lunch, tea and coffee
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or alternatively please call our office on 01275 848099.
Please note all prices are exclusive of VAT.
Aspire Europe are joining in with the Black Friday deals hitting the high street this weekend and the Cyber Monday deals hitting your screens next week.
For a limited time only when you purchase one of our foundation eLearning courses (£199), you’ll receive access to the practitioner course absolutely FREE! Making you a saving of £99 this Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The courses this is applicable for are;
- MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes)
- P3O® (Project, Programme and Portfolio Office)
- MoP® (Management of Portfolio)
- M_o_R® (Management of Risk)
- Change Management
- Managing Benefits
Get in touch now to secure your deal!
Simply contact us either by email at email@example.com or alternatively give us a call on 01275 848099 for more information.
M_o_R®, MoP®, MSP®, P3O® and PRINCE2® are [registered] trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved