Location – Manchester
Price – Formerly £1,700 now £1,275 per person (the cheapest course in the North!)
When – 13th-17th February 2017
The APM – Project Management Qualification is knowledge based and allows candidates to demonstrate understanding of all elements of project management.
- Application of APM glossary terminology
- Increased confidence to delegates in real world application of project management
- Thorough coverage of applicable APM Bok6 knowledge areas
- Delegates will be fully prepared to take the PMQ (APMP) examination
What is included in the course?
- A 5 day course delivered by a qualified and experienced trainer
- PFQ eLearning will be included as part of the pre-course
- The APM Project Management Qualification – Study Guide
- PMQ examination
- 1 year free access to any of our following (APMG accredited) Foundation and Practitioner eLearning courses; PRINCE2®, MSP®, MoP®, M_o_R®, P3O®, Change Management and Managing Benefits (License valid for 12 months upon completion of the PMQ course)
- Refreshments including lunch, tea and coffee
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or alternatively please call our office on 01275 848099.
Please note all prices are exclusive of VAT.
P3M3® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Maturity Model) is a credible and proven tool to help us understand our maturity in managing change initiatives, to allow us to better understand what specific improvements in maturity might deliver to us in terms of benefits and strategic advantage, and to allow us to plan our journey to step changes in performance.
If you are new to P3M3 please check out this link
To find out how P3M3 can help with your improvement roadmap, please read this article
P3M3® is a[registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
No organisation can successfully deliver programmes and projects without an effective framework. Our work on developing the maturity model P3M3® and undertaking assessments of over 100 organisations enabled us to review a wide range of processes, guidance and tools that are used across a range of sectors.
- Incomplete frameworks with inadequate lifecycles
- Frameworks that replicate manuals and basic theory but add no value
- Roles and responsibilities that are generic, confusing or conflicting
- Themes, such as risk, that are not connected to the lifecycle or sit in isolation
- Generic role definitions with no application of the responsibilities
- Templates that bear no resemblance to the lifecycle or processes
- Little connection between programme and project management systems
- Portfolio Management frameworks that fail to address balancing priorities
To overcome this we developed our own Align Framework® and offer it as a fully supported package. If you would like to find out more about the Align Framework®, click here
P3M3® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Would you set off on a journey without planning your route first? Effective project planning ensures you reach your project destination on time and on budget. To read more click here
Ten things that will you find in the Practical Guide to project planning – a step by step guide that you won’t find in other
- It is written with you in mind! We are not expecting you to be a guru, building the Olympic Park or managing High Speed 2, everyday projects are hard enough
Successful planning is about people and behaviours! Rather than techniques and tools, the data needed for planning is assembled through a number of activities, not making up numbers to feed into a software package
Business projects are different to technical projects! So we have used a business project as the case study, these tend to be less predictable and have elements of different project types in them
Moderating optimism! We have included guidance on setting priorities, estimation and helping to moderate the optimism bias gives you more chance of finishing successfully
- Planning lifecycle! We have used a lifecycle that shows the stages and events that trigger planning activities, instead of giving you a list of techniques, we bring it to life for you. The focus is on “How” to plan rather than telling you “what” to do
Techniques at the right time! Every step of the way we offer a technique to use at each point, with an explanation of what it does and how you should use it
- Worked examples! We illustrate each technique with a worked example based on a case study that provides an example of everyday challenges we face
- Templates and tools! All part of the process, but effective planning is based on having the right information available at the right time, the focus of the book is on systematically collecting this information
Useful check-lists! Common areas of failure for most projects, to help you avoid making them, we also include an example template on how to assemble your planning information
Clear responsibilities and tasks for all the main roles involved with planning, which is everyone involved with the project!
For more information on the book and how to buy from The TSO, click here