Tim Banfield, Director of Strategy, MPA wrote the foreword for the SRO guide and says “Great programme leaders deliver great programmes. The emergence of the SRO role over the last 15 years has been a significant step forward. There is more to be done to understand what the SRO role means in different contexts and to help SROs understand how to be effective in their roles. This book is specifically targeted
at SRO’s and I am sure it will make a valuable contribution to helping them achieve consistently higher levels of performance in their role”
The Survival Guides are written specifically with a role in mind. The BCM guide focused on the benefits, techniques and processes of business change that the main manual could not cover. The Programme Manager guide focused on the controls and process of the programme. The SRO guide focuses on keeping your finger on the pulse and steering the ship through troubled waters.
What will you find in the MSP® Survival Guide for SROs:
- Big on practical advice, quotes and examples so your day isn’t blighted by pages of bland advice and theory
- A foreword from Tim Banfield of the UK Major Projects Authority, one of the most influential figures in the industry today
- Written from the position that this is your first programme using MSP® so explanations are practical and straightforward
- Simplified lifecycle with advice on where to focus your energy
- Flip through format for easy access to the information you need when you need it
- Each topic focuses on the Magnificent Seven pieces of advice to help you lead your programme
- Extracts from the MSP® pocket book to give you greater detail on topics if you need them
- Pointers on where to find more detail in the rest of the trilogy.
AXELOS are planning to use the MSP® Survival Guide series for their MSP® Advanced qualifications in the future.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Filed under MSP®, News, Training
The MSP® Survival Guide for Programme Managers has finally made it to the book-stores and joins the MSP® Survival Guide for Business Change Managers on public release in the series.
The MSP® Survival Guide for programme managers has been written by Rod Sowden and Geof Leigh (lead authors of the current versions of MSP® and P3M3®) as a project to bring MSP® to life for people.
This book has been designed to be the companion and coach to programme managers using MSP®. Written far more directly than the main manual, it’s role specific to help solve some of the complex challenges a programme manager faces.
For more information on how to buy the book from The TSO, click here
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
P3M3® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.